Subscribe to E-Alerts
Valley Township was formed in 1852 by a decree of the court; it was composed of a considerable slice off the south end of West Caln and a small slice off the south end of West Brandywine. The township has several older communities like Rock Run, Hayti, Coatesville Heights, and Westwood. It is still the home of a couple of farms and the Brandywine River flows through the Rock Run and West wood sections of the township. The Sucker Run, which flows through Westwood, provided water to the steel mill.